Saturday, July 9, 2011

Fit Mama Club - Week 2


How are you all doing! Here's my Fit Mama Club update for Week 1! After my update, I'll share this week's Fit Mama Club challenge. If you wanna join up, leave a comment or tweet me @joonluv630.

Last Week's Weight Loss: 2.4
Total Weight Loss: 2.4
Last Week's High: I took three days off - very much needed!
Last Week's Low: One of the families that I counsel is not doing well and I won't be able to close the case next week as planned... and I didn't work out last week. AT. ALL.
Plan For This Week: I will stick to 26 WW points each day, drink 4 glasses of water per day, work out twice per week, and fulfill the Fit Mama Club Challenge!

THIS WEEK'S FIT MAMA CLUB CHALLENGE

How many of you eat the correct amount of vegetables per day? According to the USDA Food Pyramid, we're supposed to be having 3-5 servings per day. To be honest, I'm lucky if I get 5 servings a week, let alone per day. That's why I felt it was important for this week's challenge to be a Veggie Challenge!



One serving of Vegetables is equal to:

* 1 cup of raw leafy green vegetables
* 1/2 cup other vegetables (cooked or raw) or
* 3/4 cup vegetable juice

And what are the benefits of following these guidelines?

1) Substituting fruits and vegetables for higher-calorie foods can be a great part of a weight loss strategy. They are low in calories, high in volume and high in critically important nutrients. They fill you up, without loading you up with fat and calories. And when your stomach is filled up with high volume, low calorie food, there is less room for other bad stuff.

2) Plant-based foods help to control food cravings and overeating.

3) Compared with people who consume a diet with only small amounts of fruits and vegetables, those who eat more generous amounts as part of a healthful diet are likely to have reduced risk of chronic diseases, including stroke and perhaps other cardiovascular diseases, and certain cancers.

4) Fruits and vegetables are a natural source of energy and give the body many nutrients you need to keep going. They are a great "on-the-go" snack.

5) When your body is getting what it needs, you are going to feel better physically and emotionally. The absolute best vegetables to help speed up weight loss are green vegetables- Collard Greens, Spinach, Swiss Chard, Brussels Sprouts, Broccoli, Cabbage.

CHALLENGE: Eat at least 3 servings of vegetables per day for 7 days.

Who's with me?? All you have to do is share your progress each day on twitter with the hashtag #fitmamaclub, and post every Sunday morning with last week's successes and this week's goals. Comment or tweet for more info!

1 comment:

  1. Mmm, veggies! I'm in!

    Here's my first Fit Mama post! http://inspire-to-create.blogspot.com/2011/07/fit-mama-club.html

    ReplyDelete