Sunday, July 31, 2011

Stream of Consciousness Sunday: My Husband's Guest Post

#SOCsunday

I told my hubby about Sunday Stream of Consciousness and he thought that it was a pretty nifty thing to be a part of. So I asked him to be my guest blogger for this week's exercise and he jumped at the opportunity. Let the record show, I did not pay my hubby, in any way shape or form (in the bedroom or out), for what he decided to write about. :) Enjoy!

My wife asked me to be a guest on her blog. At first I didn't really know what to write about. She told me to just say anything that comes to mind.

I would have to say I'm very proud of my wife. She's an excellent companion, mother, and a very thoughtful person altogether. Some may seriously regret being married. I can honestly say I do not regret it. I do develop the occasional twitch when she gets on my nerves. Ok, perhaps I'm embelishing a tad. The truth is we've had our share of troubled times.

I guess you could say I'm the type of person who wears his heart on his sleeve. Yes, I'm quite emotional at times. She says she loves that about me. But just because I am emotional, doesn't necessarily mean I cry. But it doesn't mean I'm not stressed out. More recently I've been going through a legal battle with my former boss Isaac. He is an unscrupulous, self centered... ooppps, I promised I wouldn't lash out here. So why did I bring this up? Great question! The good that this has brought out is I am remembering to pray over my family more often. I'm remembering the basics of what any good christian home should include. It sounds simple but my wife has been a rock through this. She has been standing by me and praying with me.

My wife is my other half and I'm so blessed to have such a woman be my partner through the good times and the bad. I just hope there are more good times than bad ones. With the help of God I think its safe to say that we'll be ok.
Yes ladies, I am grinning ear to ear...

This was my [husband's] 5 minute Stream of Consciousness Sunday post. It’s five minutes of your time and a brain dump. Want to try it? Here are the rules…

■ Set a timer and write for 5 minutes only.
■ Write an intro to the post if you want but don’t edit the post. No proofreading or spellchecking. This is writing in the raw.
■ Publish it somewhere. Anywhere. The back door to your blog if you want. But make it accessible.
■ Add the Stream of Consciousness Sunday badge to your post.
■ Go visit http://allthingsfadra.com/ and link up and comment on other’s posts

8 comments:

  1. I beyond love this! It's hitting me kinda hard right now because my husband is out of town right now and we argued before he left. I miss him and can't wait to get past this one. What your husband wrote is so sweet and genuine. I'm going to show it to my husband....maybe he'll get inspired one of these #SOCSundays! You made me laugh out loud about not "paying" him inside the bedroom or out...so nice to visit your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the post and love the concept -

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this idea! I'm sure my husband would jump at the chance to do 5 minutes of a brain dump!!! Although I'm not quite sure he would say the same things :)

    Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the comments everyone. Very encouraging.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awwww :) Haven't been on your page for than a minute and already see multiple reasons to follow! Can't wait to read more!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks guys!!! :)

    ReplyDelete