Monday, August 2, 2010

So I fell back on my diet but a new plan arises!



BABProject - Week 7 - So I skipped a blog entry for BABProject last week. I guess I was really busy between taking care of baby and my internship. But truth be told, it probably was because I had such a huge set back with my diet that I was too depressed to even write about it. I actually gained all the weight back that I lost 2 weeks ago. It's very discouraging! It takes less than half the time to gain weight than it does to lose it. Part of it is that Aunt Flow is rearing her ugly head once again so I'm sure it's water weight and all that jazz. But it's still annoying to see that number on the scale.

The good news is, I've decided to go back to a macrobiotic way of eating. Macrobiotics "from "macro" (large) and "bios" (life), is a dietary regimen that involves eating grains as a staple food supplemented with other foodstuffs such as vegetables and beans, and avoiding the use of highly processed or refined foods." It's a Japanese inspired way of eating. My hubby and I started eating this way while trying to conceive last year and lost 10 lbs each, as well as had a lot of energy, and ended up making a baby so I guess it works! I am re-reading this book "The Hip-Chick's Guide to Macrobiotics" and it talks about how eating a balanced diet of yin and yang foods will make you feel better physically and emotionally, as well as allow your body to drop weight naturally. The author,Jessica Porter, lost 50 lbs without starving herself. She just changed what she ate, as well as the combination of things she ate. To learn more about Macro eating, click on: Macrobiotics.

So my new goal for this week is:

Drink 6-8 glasses of water per day
Get back into Macro eating
Exercise 3 times
Lose 2 lbs

My reward will be to get the new makeup that I've been wanting for weeks! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment