Tuesday, August 31, 2010

H2O September Challenge Begins Tomorrow!


So I've been feeling really sluggish lately, my skin has not been great, and my weight is not where I'd like it to be. I started examining my eating/drinking habits and realized - EUREKA - I do not drink enough water AT ALL. I mean, almost NONE. If I have a glass a day, that warrants a pat on the back.

I thought to myself, So what? Water can't be that important, right? WRONG. I did some research and found out these facts about good ol' H2O:

1) 75% of Americans are chronically dehydrated.

2) Lack of water is the #1 trigger of daytime fatigue.

3) A mere 2% drop in body water can trigger fuzzy short-term memory, trouble with basic math, and difficulty focusing on the computer screen or on a printed page.

4) Water leads to overall greater health by flushing out wastes and bacteria.

5) Drinking 5 glasses of water daily decreases the risk of colon cancer by 45%, plus it can slash the risk of breast cancer by 79%, and one is 50% less likely to develop bladder cancer.

6) Water helps to maintain healthy body weight by increasing metabolism and regulating appetite.

7) Water naturally moisturizes skin and ensures proper cellular formation underneath layers of skin to give it a healthy, glowing appearance.

So after learning about these water facts, I decided to start an H2O Challenge! Please feel free to join me out there in bloggy land. I'll be drinking 6 glasses of water a day for the 30 days of September. That's 180 glasses! I know, I know, you may be saying but I thought we have to drink 8-10 glasses? Well I'm going from 1 glass a day to 6 so I think that will be enough of a challenge for now. It'll be tough, but I'm looking forward to all of the benefits. Not only will it help increase my weight loss, but my skin will look better, I'll have more energy to take care of my 6 month old cutie pie, and I'll feel healthier as a whole. So I'm really excited! I even created a ticker for this challenge! Wish me luck!


1 comment: