Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Fit Mama Club - The Resurrection


It's that time of year again. The time when you realize that winter is just about over (though it was a pretty mild winter in New York to begin with), and Spring is around the corner. Spring is a time of rebirth. There's the beautiful weather, the outdoor activities, the less clothing layered on ...oh ya, and more opportunities to come out of denial and realize you have a weight problem. Just sayin.

To be honest, I feel like I'm always on a diet, but never really successful (or as successful as I would like). And here I am, on the eve of my son's 2nd birthday and as overjoyed as I am to celebrate his birth, it also reminds me of the two years that I've kept all this weight on. At this time, I weigh about the same as I did when I was 7 months pregnant. I never thought it would be this hard to lose my pregnancy weight. So rather, than be discouraged about it, I want to begin (again) what I tried to start last year, which is the movement we like to call THE FIT MAMA CLUB.

So how does it work? Well If you'd like to join me, all you have to do is leave me a blog comment, or find me on twitter: joonluv630.

Each week we'll post our triumphs and challenges. We'll make changes together as a team. We'll finally reach our goals! WE SHALL WEAR THE TWO PIECE BATHING SUITS!! Uhh.. ok. I got carried away. But still. You get the point. ;)

I'll set up a way for you to link up back here on my blog so we can all read each others posts, and give each other support. We'll also tweet about it, and whenever we talk about our weight loss journey, we'll tweet with the hashtag #fitmamaclub. I'm thinking of starting on Monday (March 5th) so that gives us all time to prepare. This is what our posts will look like.

You can start your post any way you'd like, but just make sure to place the Fit Mama Club badge in the beginning, and add at the end:

Last Week's Weight Loss
Total Weight Loss
Last Week's High
Plan For This Week

I'll even come up with a few Fit Mama Club challenges to spice things up a bit! So whaddya say?

No comments:

Post a Comment