Thursday, February 2, 2012

My 7 Day Detox Creation

I. Need. To. Detox.

Recently, I've noticed that I've been experiencing sore joints, acid reflux, lack of energy, headaches, and a boat load of other symptoms that lead me to believe that my body is flooded with toxins. I asked my friend Tricia about her detox adventures, and she suggested Whole Health Designs. As wonderful as that site is, I just can't afford the package/ebook right now. ::sigh:: So I decided to go online and just piece together my very own 7 Day Detox Creation! Most detoxes are at least 10 days, however, this is my first time so I want to start small! Here goes:

1) 8-10 glasses of water/day (must drink 8 oz water as soon as I wake up, and 8 oz water right before bed)

2) Herbal Tea

3) No sugar, no bad carbs

4) To counteract sugar withdrawal, I can have up to 4 teaspoons of honey per day. (Each time I feel crummy or get a craving, take a teaspoon)

5) Unlimited Fruits - fresh, frozen, dried or canned in natural fruit juice. This includes apples, bananas, pears, oranges, grapefruit, satsumas, sultanas, raisins, pineapple, mango, kiwi fruit, strawberries, raspberries, blackcurrants, nectarines, peaches, melons, star fruit etc

6) Unlimited Vegetables - fresh, frozen or canned in water (without salt added). This includes carrots, onions, turnip, swede, sprouts, cabbage, peppers, mushrooms, sweetcorn, peppers, leeks, courgettes, broccoli, cauliflower, salad, tomatoes, cucumber, spring onions etc

7) Oats

8) Yogurt

9) Unsalted nuts/seeds

10) Multivitamin

Is there anything else that I should be adding to my list? What are some of your detox experiences?

2 comments:

  1. Sounds very similar to what I did, minus the honey and I added in brown rice/quinoa/millet. I stayed away from canned/dried fruit because of the added sugar and used A LOT of fresh herbs to spice up the veggies. :) You can do it, mama! If you need any help along the way, feel free to text or email!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for your lovely sharing.

    our websites are 徵信. and 台南室內設計.

    welcome to see us.

    ReplyDelete