Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Day 3 of Water Challenge - withdrawal symptoms begin...



So it's Day 3. I NEED JUICE. PLEASE! ORANGE JUICE. APPLE JUICE. ANYTHING! The first two days weren't so bad. But today, everything I ate seemed to beg for an accompaniment of sugar. Eggs in the morning? How bout some OJ. Hot dog for lunch? What about some diet coke? Lowfat spinach dip for a snack... hmm... my mind was going crazy for a sweet treat! ::sigh:: I knew it couldnt be as easy as I was hoping but still. Right now, all I want is a nice warm cup of hot cocoa, but I know that it would go against the challenge so I must abstain. I know it's for good reason. I heard that it takes 21 days for a habit to form, so maybe after the 7 day challenge I can move up to 21 days?? Uhh... can't think that far ahead.

Some of you may be asking, why can't u have diet coke or flavored water? Well for one thing, pure water is the best for cleansing purposes. And besides that, for me sugar is a trigger. Even FAKE sugar is a trigger. So I know myself enough to know that having a diet coke really is only a gateway drug into wanting more sugary things. So pure water it is! How are my fellow water challengers doing? Any withdrawal yet???

2 comments:

  1. I'm doing the water thing but not as strictly as you are. I have an occasional glass of diet soda or light juice. :) Keep at it, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tried too, but i just can't go to the bathroom that much, and I need some FLAVOR! LOL

    ReplyDelete