Wednesday, October 13, 2010

We. Need. Friends.

No, no, no, I'm not saying that my husband and I don't have ANY friends and that we're social outcasts. Not at all. But my husband and I have been discussing how becoming parents has made us quite the lonely bunch. Why, you ask? Well most of our friends are not married, and don't have children yet. And the ones that do (in)conveniently live out of state.

So our Saturday nights consist of playing with the baby all day, taking naps when the baby does, eating, watching TV, then playing with the baby some more until he falls asleep. We then of course fall asleep 10 minutes after he does because we're so exhausted from our day (of doing basically nothing at all.) And now that the munchkin is almost 8 months old, he's pretty much past the "newness" phase where everyone wants to come over just to see him. Now we're at a point where people call to hang out, and if we can't find a sitter, the answer is a resounding NO. Aw, maybe next time, they say. Ya, right.

We just haven't been able to find a niche group of young married parents like ourselves to relate to. How much easier (and more fun) it would be to have dinner with another couple with a peanut like ours. The kiddos could play together and the rest of us could have adult conversation. We could feel like "us" again. I wonder if it ever gets better. I guess once our friends start having kids, it will be a little easier. Except now we'll have a toddler running around with no interest in a tiny newborn. :::sigh::: For now I'll stick close to my twitter/babycenter friends and hope that we find some actual bodies to hang out with sometime soon. My twitter name is joonluv630 by the way. :)

3 comments:

  1. Awww, babe. We feel the EXACT same way. I have one BabyCenter friend that lives in my town that I hang out with now (did I tell you that?). But, as for other couples with babies? Nada. WISH WE LIVED CLOSER! XOXO.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yaaa! I wish we lived closer too! ::sigh:: We have to find a way to get together sometime. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was thinking of posting an ad " cool couple with a kid looking for another cool couple with a kid to hang out with" I wish you livied close to me! We could be IRL friends!!!!!

    ReplyDelete