Monday, June 21, 2010

I'm a part of the BAB Project!



Hey! I came across this blog: Hope Springs Eternal where this lovely woman put together something called the BAB Project which is the Body After Baby Project. It's a way for mothers to keep each other motivated and accountable with losing weight after having a baby. I'm so excited because I really need the motivation. The first bunch of weight fell off like butter, but I have about 15-20 lbs that is extremly stubborn. Plus, as many of you moms out there know, taking care of a baby all day is exhausting!! After taking care of my son, cleaning up a bit, and making dinner for my family, I'm about ready to drop into a puddle at the end of the day!

But now that I've found the BAB Project, I think I'll be more likely to make an effort to get healthy! We have to post our progress every Monday, so I at least will have motivation to reach even small goals by the end of the week so I can post by Monday.

I was reluctant to do this, but here is my current picture (which is my BEFORE):

That photo is very depressing! But I'm motivated to make a change. My next photo will be updated in one month.

This week's small goal is to stick to 1800 calories per day. If I can do that for the next 7 days, my reward will be to get a pedicure! I also will be working out also, but I don't want to add that to my first small goal because if I put too much on myself, I usually don't stick to it, then I feel bad about myself and have pizza and brownies! (Big no no!) So it will be small goals that I will add on to as I progress. Here's to gettin thin by the end of the summer! Woo hoo!

2 comments:

  1. You can make it happen! (visiting from BAB)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can do it! My first reward is a pedicure too, hooray! Don't forget to link this post here:
    http://www.hope-springs-eternal.com/2010/06/body-after-baby-project-beginning.html
    so everyone can swing by and cheer you on!

    ReplyDelete