Friday, July 31, 2009

Cravings, cravings, and more cravings

Yay! I'm finally reaching the fun part of being pregnant - CRAVINGS. They just started last week (week 9) and though they aren't as outlandish as the TV shows that show pregnant women asking for ice cream with pickles on top, they're definitely out of the blue for me.

I've already harassed my husband into getting me a big mac meal. It was good going down, but oh the horror of heartburn after! ugh! On another occasion I just HAD to have a whopper Jr. that turned out to be GROSS and the heartburn soon followed. I went thru a day of desperately needing homemade guacamole. Then for two days I just HAD to have homemade spinach dip. And the crazy thing about the cravings is that if you ask me in a couple of days if I wanna try it again, it'll turn my stomach just thinking about it LOL Last night I was desperate to make a 7 layer Mexican bean dip. So I convinced my hubby to come with me to the market to get all of the ingredients. I also craved those fruit flavored Ices that are in the long plastic skinny bag (I haven't had those since I was 12!) I ate the bean dip and blechh!! all it did was give me some wicked gas! (My poor husband is not too happy with that pregnancy symptom by the way) And now, as I'm typing, I'm finally enjoying a blue raspberry flavored ice. How refreshing! :)

I'll tell you one thing though, my husband is loving these cravings just as much as I am. As you may have imagined, he is right beside me snacking on all sorts of things too. I keep telling him that he's going to gain 30 lbs of pregnancy weight with me! The only thing is, he's not going to be able to deliver half of that weight come February LOL I guess that's a lesson he'll just have to learn the hard way!

No comments:

Post a Comment