Thursday, November 24, 2011


Happy Thanksgiving! This is by far my most favorite holiday! There's something about the food, the family, the fun... It's a time that is completely dedicated to spending time with loved ones, not just how much you can buy them or what you receive.

And this year my little guy is going to be able to REALLY enjoy the food! This morning I made our first annual Thanksgiving Day breakfast which was: scrambled eggs, bacon, pancakes, toast, and fruit. YUM! Then this afternoon we're headed over to my mom's house for the big feast! Last year my son was only 8 months old and I had to make him homemade mashed potatoes while we all gorged ourselves with everything else. But now he's 20 months old. And with all those new pearly whites he's got (ya and they seem to want to pop out at 3am causing his blood curdling screams) he can actually partake in all that Thanksgiving has to offer! So what's on the menu?

-Turkey
-Ham
-Stuffing
-Rice
-Sweet Potatoes
-Yams
-Macaroni Salad (I make this!)
-Green Salad
-Homemade cheese cake
-Store bought apple & pumpkin pie

Mmmmm!!! *unbuttons pants*

I definitely need to remember to bring my tupperware. Yup, leftovers are just as good - especially for a midnight snack. But don't fret, I'll be back to my DIET DIET DIET obsession tomorrow. :) I'll be starting the Paleo Diet again. I'm trying to drop 15 lbs by December 25th. Wish me luck! But for now... GOBBLE GOBBLE GOBBLE!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment