Tuesday, February 9, 2010

My Poor Swollen Feet!

I am now 37 weeks and 4 days and I FINALLY have experienced the dreaded swollen feet! I totally thought that I was on the road to going through the whole pregnancy without it. Besides early first trimester drama, this pregnancy has been pretty smooth sailing. Once I hit the second trimester, I really felt great! No heartburn, nothing swollen, and I gained weight mostly in my belly as opposed to every place else! But alas, my feet... my poor swollen feet!

It's like it happened exactly when I hit 37 weeks. I have no idea why or how but one evening, while watching TV with my hubby, I looked down at my feet and they looked like Fred Flinstone's! What the! I was in shock! My hubby looked down at them and just shook his head lol I immediately elevated them and drank water. The next morning they were back to normal, however, every evening they seem to balloon up. I read that it's common for feet to get swollen towards the end of pregnancy, and especially in the evening. So as long as I keep them elevated and keep drinking water to eliminate the water weight, I should be fine. They're very uncomfortable though when they get like that! I feel like I'm walking on bricks!

Other than that, I'm just sitting here, playing the waiting game. As nervous as I am about labor and delivery, I'm really ready to meet our little guy and move on to the next stage: actually being parents! I wonder what he'll look like. Will he look more like me? More like my husband? What type of temperament will he have? So many questions!! It really is amazing. Just think - this time next month I'll be a mommy! :) And I'll be posting baby pics! This truly has been an amazing journey. I learned so much and am so glad I have tons of supportive people around me.

OH, and last week was our last Bradley Method birthing class. The series was really great, I highly recommend it to those who are interested in natural childbirth and want as much information as possible. There are a lot of things that we are unaware of in terms of hospital protocol when delivering babies so it was great to learn all of that so we could make educated, informed decisions about the birth. We learned all about the stages of labor, pain management, pros and cons of medications, C-section, and breastfeeding. We saw tons of videos of actual births which I think was great preparation. Most importantly, the class left me feeling like I CAN BIRTH NATURALLY. There was empowerment there. When I first started the class I was so unsure of myself and scared but now I know what to expect, and I know that I'm strong and brave! God will see us through it. :) I'll try to write another post next week but I'm hoping that the next time I write I'll be a mommy!!! Yay!

1 comment:

  1. Fannie, I have the same swollen feet. They get that way when I've been sitting at a chair all day. Keep your feet up, drink water, and watch your salt intake! As long as they get better in the morning, you're fine (according to my doctor). :) Hang in there! I'm playing the waiting game with you!

    ReplyDelete